Thanksgiving Safety In Pekin
Thanksgiving day is one of the peak days for home fires and kitchen injuries related to cooking in America!
Let's talk about some safety tips that you and your family can practice to make sure you can continue to be thankful for a roof over your head.
- Keep an eye on the turkey and food, stay close while it is cooking.
- Keep young children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should really stay as far away as possible.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over items that can cause you to spill hot liquids.
- Keep all sharp objects out of the reach of children.
- Never leave children alone in the room with a lit candle or unattended fire.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button. Just a reminder most modern smoke detectors are good for about 10 years after that it is better to just replace the whole unit, not just the batteries.
If you follow these tips and use common sense you should have a grateful and safe holiday season.
If you do experience a fire damage in the Pekin area this Thanksgiving call SERVPRO as soon as possible! (309) 346-5600