Turkey Fryer Safety In Pekin
Turkey Fryer and Kitchen Safety for Thanksgiving
Turkey fryers are quickly becoming a yearly tradition when it comes to Thanksgiving Day, but they can also be very dangerous if not used properly.
Here are some turkey frying safety tips to remember this holiday season from a local Fire Department:
- Make sure that you don't overfill the pot by measuring the proper level with the turkey in water first.
- Once the oil has been heated to the proper level turn the burner off before adding the turkey.
- Make sure that you are using oven mitts and safety glasses when handling the turkey, and after you're done cooking allow the oil to cool sufficiently before disposing of it.
- Make sure that you are not wearing clothes with long sleeves, and that you are turning the pot handles in so that they don't get knocked over by accident.
- And keep kids and pets out of the kitchen while things are being prepared.
SERVPRO of North Central Tazewell County hopes that everyone has a great and safe Thanksgiving this year and we are thankful to serve our community!