Fire Dispatch Sequence
There are certain steps that we take when it comes to going onto a fire scene. There are also certain steps that we want people to know when they are dealing with a fire, whether they are the owner of the property or the insurance agent assigned to the client. The following are things that should be considered or remembered in a fire situation before our teams even have a chance to show up and alleviate the issue.
Key Questions for the Insured
- Home/Business phone number for contact?
- When (date and time) did the loss occur?
- Is water Damage present from the fire being extinguished?
- What was the source of the fire?
- Has the source been stopped, repaired, or replaced?
- What is the extent of the damage?
- What areas have been affected?
- How bad is the odor/does the area need deodorizing?
- Is a board-up required?
- Is water/electricity available?
- Any personal injuries?
Emergency Fire Damage Tips
- Limit movement in building to prevent further damage.
- Place dry, colorfast towels on carpeted traffic areas to prevent further messes.
- If electricity is off, empty the fridge and prop doors open.
- Wipe soot from chrome faucets/ appliances.
- Do not attempt to wash any walls/ painted surfaces or shampoo carpets without first consulting with a SERVPRO® Franchise Professional.
- Talk to a professional before you clean any electrical appliances damaged by fire or water.
Fire Damage Services From SERVPRO®
- Emergency Response: Reduce Loss Severity/ Pretesting for Restorability
- Contents Cleaning Specialist: On-site/Move Out
- Structural Restoration Services
- Large Loss Completion with Trained Crew Leaders
If you find yourself facing damage from fire and smoke, keeping these tips and questions in mind might help you keep a level head and stay safe while you deal with the aftermath of the situation.
If you find yourself dealing with a fire in your home or business, contact us at:
SERVPRO® of North Central Tazewell County | 309-346-5600
SERVPRO® of Peoria | 309-637-7300
SERVPRO® of Galesburg and Macomb | 309-342-0073