Safety Equipment Every Business Should Have
Depending on the business you’re in, there may be different types of safety risks. Some jobs are more high risk than others and might require some extra safety equipment such as hard hats, specialty gloves, earplugs, or other such items. However, there are some safety items that it is a good idea to have on the premises regardless of what business you’re in. Remember, whether you are in an office, a factory, or any other work setting, you are still at risk for getting injured in some way.
Some items it might be good to have include:
- Warnings Signs - Signs serve as a warning to the employees and the clients that might enter an unsafe area. “Wet floor” or “Electrical danger” signs are just two examples of these signs that could save people from injuries both major or minor. Even if you don’t have an official sign, even making your own and posting it in a visible area is better than not having them at all!
- Gloves - There are many different types of gloves that you can have on hand. There are high protection gloves, and there are light protection gloves (usually latex or a thin rubber). Gloves can be an important protective item. Even simple gloves are good to have available, just in case.
- Non-Slip Rugs - Slips and falls are common accidents. Non-slip rugs can prevent this in any work setting. They might not always be very stylish, but function over fashion certainly applies here!
- Fire Extinguishers - This is certainly something that you should have in your business at all times. Fires can start randomly. Electrical fires, fires from unmaintained chemicals, and so many other things can happen without warning. Fire extinguishers can stop a fire from spreading too far out of control.
- Cord Covers - Much like with the non-slip rugs, cord covers can prevent people from tripping over stray cords and wires from equipment or office tech.
- First Aid Kit - This kit could be the thing that keeps a small problem from becoming a bigger one. By having bandaids, gause, alcoholic wipes, topical antibiotic creams, and other such items readily available, you ensure that small injuries are able to be taken care of before they become a bigger problem.
Here at SERVPRO®, we understand the importance of safety equipment. We hope that these tips are helpful to others. We know that having these conversations helps to keep us and the people around us safe, so we are glad to have them!
For information on commercial cleaning and restoration, please call us at:
SERVPRO® of North Central Tazewell County | 309-346-5600
SERVPRO® of Peoria | 309-637-7300
SERVPRO® of Galesburg and Macomb | 309-342-0073