Space Heater Safety
We’ve discussed this here before - space heater safety is incredibly important. Especially considering during the winter months here in Illinois when temperatures drop so low.
There are many types of space heaters that are available to be used and are recognized as valid options by the NFPA, including:
- Oil or water-filled radiator
- Fan-forced heater
- Ceramic heater
- Infrared heaters
So here are some tips that we found helpful.
- You should use space heaters that are certified by a testing laboratory.
- Space heaters shouldn’t be left unattended.
- Keep any space heaters at least three feet away from anything that can burn.
- Keep space heaters out of any areas where they could become a tripping hazard.
- Plug space heaters directly into a wall outlet to avoid fires starting from extension cords or from power strips.
For information on how we can help, you can call us at:
SERVPRO® of North Central Tazewell County | 309-346-5600
SERVPRO® of Peoria | 309-637-7300
SERVPRO® of Galesburg and Macomb | 309-342-0073