Signs You Might Have A Mold Problem
Are you wondering whether your home (or business) might have a mold problem? The following are possible signs that you might have mold somewhere on your property.
- Stale/Musty Odors
- When mold forms, it produces an odor. It can be musty or stale. Even if you can’t identify the scent as mold, you’ll likely at least notice that it smells “off.” Odds are you’ll have to find the source of the smell to be completely sure.
- Condensation and persistent moisture
- Moisture might not be the product of mold, but it definitely helps to foster the growth of mold. If you have areas of your property that are subject to high levels of humidity or are exposed to other forms of frequent or constant moisture, there is a good possibility that you’ll end up with mold problems there.
- Previous water build-up and stains
- Have you experienced water damage in the past? If you have and it wasn’t dried thoroughly or properly, it is possible that the affected area started to grow mold before it was dry. Any spots where you’ve had mold damage should be checked for mold if you’re worried that it might be a problem.
- Personal health effects
- Mold can cause health effects if it isn’t dealt with in a timely manner or if someone on the property has a sensitivity to mold. If someone who lives in your home or works for your business is expressing concern about the possibility of there being mold that is causing health effects, you’ll want to make sure you look for mold or hire a professional to test for mold for you.
Once you know that you have a mold problem, just remember that you can contact your local SERVPRO® to handle the mold remediation process. We’ll do whatever we can to make your mold problem feel, “Like it never even happened.”
For information on how we can help, you can call us at:
SERVPRO® of North Central Tazewell County | 309-346-5600
SERVPRO® of Peoria | 309-637-7300
SERVPRO® of Galesburg and Macomb | 309-342-0073