Preparing Your Restaurant for a Health Inspection
One of the most important things to happen in a restaurant is a health inspection. These inspections are meant to make sure that your establishment is a safe environment for the patrons and the staff. While it is important to always make sure your facility is safe, there are a few things that you can do to help yourself pass an inspection before an inspection occurs.
- Review Your HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) Plan
- HACCP identifies the points in the cooking process where the risk of contamination is the greatest and can help you understand when to take action to prevent contamination.
- Get Familiar with Common Code Violations
- Keep an eye out for safety issues and violations like:
- Personal hygiene
- Internal temperature requirements
- Consult the Health Department
- Ask questions and learn what you need to know before you are even required to do an inspection. Knowledge really is power.
- Self-Inspect Your Facility and Quiz Employees
- This will help to keep yourself and your employees on their toes. It will also help to really instill the values of constant cleanliness and good safety.
If you are really worried about the cleanliness of your facility, just remember that you can reach out to your local SERVPRO® for general deep cleaning of your building. We’ve done it before for other commercial properties, and we are sure we’ll do it again. It’s just one of the many ways that we do whatever we can to be Here to Help!
For information on how we can help, you can call us at:
SERVPRO® of North Central Tazewell County | 309-346-5600
SERVPRO® of Peoria | 309-637-7300
SERVPRO® of Galesburg and Macomb | 309-342-0073