Winter Fire Safety Tips from FEMA
We’ve been seeing fires quite a bit this year. Considering winter in Central Illinois generally brings a rise in fire damage (whether it’s due to holiday cooking or heating sources) we wanted to share some fire facts and fire safety tips that were shared by FEMA.
- 50% of heating fires happen in December, January, and February.
- 1 in every 7 home fires involves heating equipment.
- Remember the 3-Feet Rule; keep flammable items 3 feet away from any and all heat sources.
- Only place portable generators outside.
- Only plug one heat source into an outlet at a time.
There are other things you can do to prevent fires this winter. Head over to the FEMA website to learn more from them, and check out our old blogs to learn more from us.
Remember that if you do experience fire damage, we are Here to Help® with the cleanup and restoration.
For information on how we can help, you can call us at:
SERVPRO® of North Central Tazewell County | 309-346-5600
SERVPRO® of Peoria | 309-637-7300
SERVPRO® of Galesburg and Macomb | 309-342-0073